My by far favorite free antivirus is Avira Antivir. There is only two things about it that I hate.
- It nags you every time it updates the database to buy the full version. Bad Antivirus, Bad
- The splash screen at the beginning. This one is just a visual nuisance.
Now here is how you accomplish this.
Update Nag Disable
1. Start-> Control Panel
2. Administrative tools-> Local security policy
3. Click on Software Restriction Policy-> Action (at the top)-> create new restriction policies
4. Right-click additional rules (on the right side)-> new path rule
5. Click Browse and navigate to C:\Program Files\(Avira)\AntiVir Personal Edition Classic\ and double-click avnotify.exe
6. Set the security level to Disallowed-> apply-> ok
Splash Screen Disable
1. Open regedit and navigate to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
2. In the right pane double-click avgnt and add /nosplash at the end of the path (ex. /min /nosplash)
And that's about it! If there is any confusion be sure to ask about your confusion, per se’